当前位置:范文大全 > 对照材料 > [2020(中英双语对照)英国女王伊丽莎白二世登基60周年(钻石庆典)演讲x]

[2020(中英双语对照)英国女王伊丽莎白二世登基60周年(钻石庆典)演讲x]

发布时间: 2022-01-06 23:11:48

PAGE

PAGE #/ 5

中英双语对照)英国女王伊丽莎白二世登基 60 周年(钻石庆典)演讲

My Lords and Members of the House of Commons, 各位上下议院的议员们: IammostgratefulforyourLoyalAddressesandthegenerouswordsoftheLordSpeaker and Mr. Speaker.

感谢议长、各位议员和主持人对我的溢美之词。

Thisgreatinstitutionhasbeenattheheartofthecountryandthelivesofourpeoplethro ughout its history.

议会始终是国家的心脏,人民的命脉。

As Parliamentarians, you share with your forebears a fundamental role in the laws anddecisions of your own age.

作为国会议员,你们与祖先们一道在自己的法则和决策中扮演着举足轻重 的角色。

 Parliamenthassurvived as an unshakeable cornerstone of our constitution and our way of life.议会已成为我们宪法和生活中不可撼动的基石。

HistorylinksmonarchsandParliament,aconnectingthreadfromoneperiodtothenex t.

历史将君主和议会紧紧相连,一脉相传。

So,inanerawhentheregular,worthyrhythmoflifeislesseye- catchingthandoingsomethingextraordinary,IamreassuredthatIammerelythesecondSo vereigntocelebrate a Diamond Jubilee.

所以,活在当下,单调的富足日子并不如非凡的新奇生活精彩,我很欣慰 能成为第二个举办钻石庆典的君主。

As today, it was my privilege to address you during my Silver and Golden

Jubilees即使在今天,我仍深感荣幸曾在 25周年和50周年庆典上为大家致辞。

Many of you were present ten years ago and some of you will recall the occasion in 1977.你们中很多人要回顾到 10年前,恐怕有些人还要回顾到 1977 年的场 景。

SincemyAccession,Ihavebeenaregular visitor tothePalaceofWestminsterand,atthe last count, have had the pleasurable duty of treating with twelve Prime Ministers. 自继任以来,我就是威斯敏斯特宫的常客, 细细数来,我曾在这儿先后与 12 位首相愉快共事。

Oversuchaperiod,onecanobserve that the experienceofvenerableoldagecanbeamighty guide but not a prerequisite for success in public office.

那段时光足以证明:年长者丰富的阅历或许能为国事建言献策,但却非成 功打理国事的先决条件。

Iamtherefore verypleased tobeaddressingmany youngerParliamentariansandalsothosebringingsuchawiderangeofbackgroundandexpe rienceto your vital,nationalwork.

因此我非常乐意同许多年轻议员共同探讨,这也能为那些重要的、关乎国 家的工作提供开阔的局势和多方的经验。

During these years as your Queen, the support of my family has, across the generations,been beyond measure.

出任女王的岁月里,来自家人的支持,代代相传、源源不断。

PrincePhilipis,Ibelieve,well- knownfordecliningcomplimentsofanykind.Butthroughout he has been a constant strength and guide.

菲利普亲王,以拒绝所有褒扬之辞得名,但他一直不失为力量支柱和引航 灯塔。

He and I are very proud and grateful that The Prince of Wales and other members of

ourfamilyaretravellingonmybehalfinthisDiamondJubileeyeartovisitalltheCommonwea Ith Realms and a nu mber of other Common wealth coun tries 他和我都非常感谢查尔 斯王子和我们家族的其他皇室成员在 60 周年之际代我出访了所有的英联邦王国

和许多英联邦国家。

TheseoverseastoursareareminderofourcloseaffinitywiththeCommonwealth,enco mpassing about one-third of the world 's population.

这些海外之行都彰显了我们与有着近 1/3 世界人口的英联邦之间密切的联 系。

MyownassociationwiththeCommonwealthhastaughtmethatthemostimportantco ntact between nations is usually contact between its peoples.

我与英联邦之间的经历让我更加明白国家间的重要联系实则在于人民间的 密切联系。

Anorganizationdedicatedtocertainvalues,theCommonwealthhasflourishedandgr own by successfully promoting and protecting that contact.

作为不断实现自我价值的机构,英联邦的茁壮成长得益于鼓励和保护这种 密切联系。

At home, Prince Philip and I will be visiting towns and cities up and down the Ian d.在国内,我和菲利普将四处走访一些郡县。

ItismysincerehopethattheDiamondJubileewillbeanopportunityforpeopletocome together in a spirit of n eighbourli ness and celebrati on of their own com mun ities.我真 心希望以这次庆典为契机,大家齐聚一堂,作到天涯若比邻,同时也为自己的 社区庆祝。

Wealsohopetocelebratetheprofessionalandvoluntaryservicegivenbymillionsofpe ople across the country who are working for the public good.

我们也希望感谢那些专业和志愿服务,这是全国上下数百万心系社会的人 所做的成就。

They are a source of vital support to the welfare and wellbeing of others, often unseen oroverlooked.

他们是人民福祉的中流砥柱,总是默默无闻的奉献。

And as we reflect upon public service, let us again be mindful of the remarkable sacrificeand courage of our Armed Forces.

谈到为人民服务,让我们再次铭记军人们伟大的牺牲和无上的勇气。

Much may indeed have changed these past sixty years but the valour of those who risktheir lives for the defense and freedom of us all remains undimmed.

也许过去的 60 年确实发生了一些改变,但那些冒着生命危险为我们保一方 平安和自由的人们仍旧熠熠生辉。

ThehappyrelationshipIhaveenjoyedwithParliamenthasextendedwellbeyondthem ore than three and a half thousand Bills I have signed into law.

我与议员之间的愉快合作关系走势良好,不仅局限于我亲自签署过的 3500 多份法案上。

I am therefore very touched by the magnificent gift before me, generously subscribed bymany of you.

所以我对眼前珍贵的礼物感动不已,这是你们当中许多人的一片赤诚。

Shouldthisbeautifulwindowcausejustalittleextracolortoshinedownuponthisancie nt place, I should gladly settle for that.

华美的窗为这个古老的地方更添一抹明媚的阳光,令我倍感欣喜。

We are reminded here of our past, of the continuity of our national story and the virtuesof resilience, ingenuity and tolerance which created it.

我们在这回首过去,回顾国家不朽的传奇和创造传奇的种种坚忍、开拓及 包容之心。

I have been privileged to witness some of that history and, with the support of my family,rededicate myself to the service of our great country and its people now and in the yearsto come.

我已有幸目睹历史的风采一二,带着家人的支持,我将继续为我的国家、 我的人民效力,永无止境。

相关热词搜索: 庆典 伊丽莎白 登基 对照 2020(中英双语对照)英国女王伊丽莎白二世登基60周年(钻石庆典)演讲x
猜你喜欢

版权所有:杨帆范文网 2010-2024 未经授权禁止复制或建立镜像[杨帆范文网]所有资源完全免费共享

Powered by 杨帆范文网 © All Rights Reserved.。鲁ICP备16030136号